Friday, October 14, 2011

Familia,
WOW I love this work and I love you all so much. I hope things are going well! Mom I hope you had a fantastic Birthday! You are such a good mother! You are just an incredible person and will always be a beacon in my life! I hope you got my card and it found you well! There is this new CD called,The Work a Nashville Tribute and there is a song that goes bless my Son, bless my precious one, give him the power to ................before she turns out the lights heaven hears bless my son! It is just a neat song and when times get tough I just think of you mom going to the temple every week so I could get sent state side, I think of you just offering sincere prayers for me that I will grow and stay strong and I really have felt them hold me up in tough times. You are a woman of great faith and I am grateful for your example!! So our WARD mission leader BRO B!! Reads my emails you guys post or whatever! It is kind of embarrassing! But I just want to give that BROTHER a shout out! He and his awesome family had this Bro from China who was visiting over in their home and we taught him a lesson! It is tough teaching people without a Christian background, but I am so grateful for the Boren's home that was just a conduit for the spirit of the Lord there to testify to Eric that he is a Son of God and that God loves him. Eric offered a silent prayer it was really neat! The Mclellands are this awesome family just like a picture perfect family with cute kids and super funny. When I said the prayer in sacrament meeting their little girl yelled, Amen!!! We are teaching this guy named Jacob he read in the book of Jacob we are so excited to meet with him. We also had another lesson in some members homes, the Draughons are some great people from New York and we were able to share a message with their neighbors Bozo and Ann Mozingo! We had some homemade pizza that was to die for! We had a great lesson as we brought it back to the basic principles of the Gospe,l the spirit was so quickly there to testify. It was so neat. We are meeting with them again next week! Paul Coble is running for congress and Bro Jackson offered to buy us lunch but then Mr. Coble did so a man who was running for congress bought us lunch he was a super nice guy, we went to the fair and I have to tell you the list of things I ate Funnel Cake, fried Pickles, Fried Oreos, Hot Dog, Lemonade, Hamburger, Fried Philly Cheese Steak! I felt so gross! But we have been running like four miles in the morning so I didn't feel too bad! Me and Elder Clinger were walking around contacting people and Bozo the clown was in the dunking both and had a mic and was just taunting people and when we walked by he yelled EVERYBODY LOOK, THE MORMON RUN!!!! It was funny! This one guy told us he was tired of what we were selling! I told him it was FREE, he didn't think that was too clever! Those Carneys sure are crazy! We had a tough week. We were supposed to have a baptism but we called it off because we didn't feel the family was ready. Bishop Rouse said we did the right thing. The family was supposed to come to church Sunday and meet with the Bishop and they didn't show up. We helped the Brother today with his yard. He said one of their kids were sick. But he just has this fear of meeting with the bishop, or maybe his isn't ready to give up what is keeping him from baptizing his son. I just don't know.Then Bro Bredin wasn't going to come to church and we read with him 3rd Nephi 18 and had such a spiritual experience in his home. At the ending of reading it he looked at us and said there is nothing stopping me from coming to church. We brought it up in Missionary Coordination meeting and they said this isn't a church that buses people around. So we were able to find a sister that would be willing and talked to her on Saturday evening and she said she was good and then she just didn't show up. It was tough, but thankfully the Bredins understood.This Sunday we fasted that Bro Varney would get to talk to the Bishop and that Bro Bredin would receive answers to his questions at church, and they didn't show up we were kind of down, and then on our way out, Jessica this 16 year old girl calls us out and said that she wants to start taking the discussions so we are meeting with her this evening. She has been coming to church since I have been here faithfully and goes to seminary and mutual as well, she has her own quad!!!! It was a miracle, we were so grateful for and it helped us realize that the Lord is in control. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost in this work, it prompts us, guides us, warns us, lifts us, when were down! IT is awesome and I don't think I could have done it without it! Well I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week! I appreciate your support and prayers and know you are always in mine! Have a great WEEK!!
Love,
Elder Taylor Blaine Petersne

No comments:

Post a Comment