Monday, May 16, 2011

I don't have much time to email you guys. Sorry. But I have one experience I would like to share with you guys. I will give you a better email next week sorry. But I love you guys! I am getting transferred and I need your prayers. I love my Savior!


When I was 10 or 12 my Father and Mother had invited a non-member friend, my football coach Willy Jaramillo to take the missionary lessons in our home. Willy had two little boys and was married to a wonderful woman. Willy, since he was 20 would sign up to be a coach of the 3rd grade Ute Football league and would take the time to coach them all the way until they got to high school then he would start back over at 3rd grade. He was such a good man. I remember while these lessons were being taught the missionaries would invite me to bare testimony or to teach about the prophet Noah or other things pertaining to the lesson. When the missionaries, one in particular invited Willy to be baptized, Willy felt the spirit so strong, and you could tell. After the lesson Willy went to my Mom and said Holly did you see that? My mom asked what and he was scared to say it, but I remember he said to my Mom did you see the Elder had such a bright light behind him when he invited me to be baptized. At that moment at 10 or 12 years old I wanted to go on a mission. I have prayed that I to might have that same spiritual experience where as I bore testimony or extended an invitation that there would be such an undeniable power like a light around me when I do that. I never have had that experience. Last night we were teaching a woman named Sis. Thomas, and I felt prompted while we were teaching to testify of the Love her Father in Heaven has for her, and I did. I really felt moved upon by the Holy Ghost and said things that I have never really said before. I told her that Our Father loves her and we know she loves him and as Representives of his Son Jesus Christ, we know that nothing would please her Father in Heaven more than following the example of His son Jesus Christ by being baptized by the proper authority ........ After that she accepted the invitation, she then said to Myself, Elder Smart, Kris, and Moses that there is such a bright, strong, and radiant light behind all of you right now. It was such an amazing experience. I don't know why I had this experience, but I am so grateful. I love the Lord and will do whatever it takes to please him and make things right and will always serve him with a sincere heart.

I love you guys and hope you have a great week. Happy B-day BILLY!


LOVE AND RESPECT,

Elder Taylor Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment