Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 16th email

Hey Family,

So sorry about the parking ticket, it was in Rexburg that day me and Matt worked up there. I must have forgotten. They can't get me here in NC. So if I may request for my scriptures I would like the Split Compact preferably in blue leather with tabs if possible and a blue leather small case kinda like dads. They are the really small ones but they are split the bible and then the book of Mormon and d&c and the pearl! They would be really nice in my study cause I could use both books and also in my new rainbow marking technique. I hope you like my v-day gift from the Dealbas that is neat they will be stopping by! They seem like a really nice family.

Mon
We hung out with the Spanish Zone Leaders, Elder Ellis goes home this next transfer with Elder Croft he is from Blackfoot and went to snake river super stud Elder. Elder Bradshaw got made Spanish district leader! This was the first day of the new transfer. We went to the Dyers, a family of four we are teaching. Single mom and three kids, her 15 almost 16 year old son is struggling with Joseph smith, we watched the Prophet of the restoration, really think it opened his eyes, we had a neat time there

Tues.
We biked clear out to Buffalo rd and got wet, soaking wet, every time I am on that road I get wet, but my scriptures were in a bag so even though they are all swollen up from before they stayed dry. We tracted into a lady that was naked and still wanted to talk with us, she was like 60 so we thought we could pass that moment up and come back at another time, like NEVER! 2 months I've been out!

Wed.
We really are focusing on member work, it is crazy and so time consuming. We had a great district meeting. Elder croft is the man I am so sad I only have 5 weeks left with him and then he goes home. We helped clean this ladies house, her name was Jeanette, older lady she said she prayed for angels and we showed up! We called this stud older man in our ward Bro Lint, he has been married a few times and is married this time to a missionary baptist lady, really nice lady. But we called him and ask if he could help us move her with his truck, he was more then willing. He is why I know the gospel is true, cause he is so willing and so HAPPY I love this man. We are having a fireside next Saturday and we got our mission calls for that fireside it was neat

Thurs.
Weekly planning takes like 3 hours and I swear Thursdays are the nicest days of the week and it is the days we plan! That night we went to this family who there son has heart problems and like we really want to teach them but can't cause of germs. They are so neat. He wants to be apart of something good, not just at Sunday but for 24/7 I said one word I said the church of Jesus Christ for me has been a LIFESTYLE after that he was committed he wants a lifestyle. He is that man I pray for their little boy! He throws up all the time and needs 1 more surgery and can't have it till he is 30 pounds. Great potential there just waiting on time.

Fri.
Mail day! Letter from Kels which explained her whole package before I got it! That was funny. Then a package from the Brians (they are such a great nice family) Then letter from my best MOTHER and from my awesome grandparents. Then a package from Kels with the COOOOOOOLLEst picture of Christ, and a really neat story she wrote for school I think. It was such a neat day. Okay so all of are investigators work at Applebees, so we are just going to go start preaching there! We met this lady that was so worried about us as missionaries and our belief on Christ that we didn't at all. BUT YET HIS NAME IS ON MY BADGE ON MY CHEST! So weird, I heard this talk by J. Golden, President of the 70's, he served here in the south, he said the only hope for the south is to burn it up and do baptisms for the dead. Look his talk by J Golden Kimball it is so funny. We met this lady Delphinia who had a dream about our message before we shared it. I found her but her husband only speaks Spanish so I had to pass it off.

Sat
So I had a great personal study which lead to a great companionship study which lead to a great apartment ship study which lead to a whole day studying and preparing for our fireside. It should be so cool. Elder Croft is such a leader, like he is the man, he never tells anyone what to do he just counsels and meshes everyones ideas together he is the man. We are meeting with this guy Dee, he is 20 and has a daughter 3 months old that hasn't grown an inch since birth. He is scared and is looking for comfort. We had a great lesson and he prayed at the end. It was the most humble, most pure, most sincere prayer I've ever heard OH MY GOSH I love my MISSION!!!!

Sun.
Church was great as usual. I taught gospel principles. I pretty much sucked it up! It was Ashley Gandolfs farewell, that was real neat. We had dinner there that night and Bro Gandolf went out with us. He told me I was doing great and told Elder Croft that he studders when he talks but when he talks about the gospel he does with such Authority. So I gave this girl a blessing. I did it right except for the end, but I did say by the authority!!!!

Mon.
Presidents Day.. no email but that morning the phrase with and eye single to the glory of God was in my head. I looked where that was at, it was in d&c 4:5 an answer to prayer another tender mercy of the lord about teaching with authority. It says have love charity hope and faith. I feel like I have those I feel like I have the spirit when I teach but how do I speak with confidence with authority!!!! DING DING DING I must be focused with an eye singled to the glory of God. So that is my goal this week to be focused. We went to Goldsboro, played some b-ball and ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of Elders. There is a new one from Weiser, ID his name is ELder Tolman. That night we had a real neat lesson at the Dyers home again Bro Lint (THE MAN) went out with us and we read alma 17, the story of Ammon with Charlie. He is in the ROTC program and wants to be an army ranger. He is such a nice kid, good values just needs the gospel. After me, his mom, Elder Croft and Bro Lint pleading and begging he committed to coming to church this week. That is a family that could surely benefit from the gospel, a single mom with 3 kids they will be baptised. Bro lint is that man though he pushed that kid Charlie and he committed!


Well I love you all and really would love to have those scriptures if possible. Split, Compact. I love you all. I pray for you all the time and am so blessed to have a great family. This gospel has done so much for us.
Love Elder Taylor BLAINE Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment