Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello Familia,

You guys never write me emails and tell what is going on at home. Besides the computer crashing I am hoping things are going well. We have a really neat experience with the Holy Spirit I can't wait to share. I love the feeling of the Holy Ghost. Actually the feeling kind of scares me I need to work on trusting it but I love the confirmation that follows and you just know you were being lead by help from heaven. Thanksgiving was fantastic; there is so much to be thankful for. I am so excited for the Christmas Devo this week. I love to hear the prophets voice every time it brings tears to my eyes as one of the Brethren begin to speak because I know of what I have been testifying of and there calling is true. I can't wait.

We had some great lessons with Joe and Laura this week. They are a wonderful family and I will forever be grateful for the spirit I have felt every time I enter their home. Their home had truly become a sacred edifice. He is just super solid and is ready for baptism. The man is ready to lead in the church. He is so good in Elders Quorum and Gospel Principles if the lesson strays he helps the teacher and brings it back. He makes awesome comments and he is just my hero. I am not sure how else to explain except he just gets what it means to be a Christian.

We were with Joe and Laura Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.... Joe picked us up Thursday morning and we went to the Turkey Bowl. President said that we could go visit the Turkey Bowl but we couldn't play.....we caved to the peer pressure and ran a few routes Elder McRae is such an athlete. Two Elders running post routes to the end zone for 6!!! Then they picked us up about an hour later and we went to Sis Stires, she has from what I understand been through the refiners fire and it is so great to see her rely on the Savior and His Atonement. The spirit was so strong in her home and it was a great dinner! I missed the Pie Party at grandma’s house!! Sis Stires made the best crazy I have ever had in my whole entire life. It was like blended veggies and then I don't know but it was so good. Joe’s wife Laura also is a great cook and feeds us like we just got out of a concentration camp! I love the Hospitality in the South!

So there is this great Sister named Marlene. She is so kind to us, kind of like our mom she brings us snacks to church. We had a lesson with her on Tuesday. She is really involved with the Buddhist way of life. I am not really sure if that is a philosophy or a religion. She is just a sweet and tender Sister and she has such a beautiful spirit about her. We invited her to be baptized on January the 8th which once it came out of our mouth was really odd because that is a Sunday and we usually invite people on Saturday but then it was confirmed to me by what she said. She was just like how did you know that was my day. Like she had pondered about it and that was the day she had already made out in her mind to be baptized. The spirit is so awesome it knows all.

I am serving in such an incredible ward. We have such a great Bishop and the ward council is incredible. I love the work I love my calling and am grateful for the privilege to represent the Master Jesus Christ in this time and season in my life!

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week and are excited for Christmas! I hope I don't get cold feet in SLC AIRPORT and accidently miss my flight home to IF REG because I am so nervous! I could pull a Dolly on everyone! HAHA JK I love you guys have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment