Monday, December 12, 2011

Wow, We can't believe the time has finally come for Elder Petersen to return HOME!!!!
This is his very last email written as a missionary in the Raleigh North Carolina Mission, so many wonderful emails written each week. Thank You for sharing them with us!!!! His Homecoming will be on Dec. 18th at 11:00 am Hope to see you all there.
Enjoy his last email!!! (gotta love the poem)

I am dreaming tonight of a place I love
Even more than I usually do
And although I know it's a long road back
I promise you,

I'll be home for Christmas
You can count on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find you
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams

If only in my dreams!!

I have some great stories to tell you when I get home, from this past week! It has been amazing filled with ups and downs and miracles and everything far and in between! MAN this is crazy!!! I am excited, but I love this place so much! I love NC with all my heart!! I love the people and the church out here, it is so great! But I am excited for the next phase and realize that happiness is a choice! Whatever happens I am going to be happy! I know this is the Lords work and that he lives and he guides! I am grateful that I have been able to stand as his Rep in this area and bless the lives of His children! I feel like I know both paths of life pretty clearly, and I know which one is worth it and it is sad it took me two years to figure it out, but I am excited to head down that path!! Which I know will be tough but it will all be swallowed up in the JOY of Christ! Till we meet!

Love,
Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment