Monday, November 21, 2011

Hey Family,How is your week going? I hope you guys are happy and having fun. I hope you have a splendid Thanksgiving down on West Mountain! Grandma has just written me the sweetest letters lately I am so grateful for them. Mom sends me her letter that is so trunky! Kels is a spiritual powerhouse! I am just grateful for all the support that y'all have been giving me. As we approach this Thanksgiving week I have been reminded how important Gratitude is. I remember President Monson's council to strive to be more grateful a few conferences ago. I was just pondering about families, I am so grateful for that social unit, the family, who the Author is God the Father. But not just for the Family, but for my Family. I love Dad so much, He is my best friend. He is such a great Priesthood Leader in our home and he is always making sure our family has spiritual experiences. Mom is so tender; she is so sensitive to the Holy Spirit. She just brings the Spirit of Christ into our home. She is so Christ like and provides opportunity for us to become more Christ-Like. I've always been jealous, but I am grateful for Kenz's example that she always read the scriptures. I didn't realize how important it is until now but she got it! Drake is such a peace maker, and that example I am grateful for. Sophie is just Sophie I am not sure what it is, but I am grateful for her. She just makes my life. I am so grateful for my family I love you all so much.
So, our Ward Mission Leader eats raw, our investigator Marlene eats Raw. It is a sign, I'm just not sure a sign for what, either I should eat Raw or Kels is the one.
Marlene is a single lady in her 40 or 50. She is Buddhist, she is very spiritual, but she comes to church and she is keeping all her commitments; we are just trying to help her realize how important this is. She is a great lady she just already has her ideas so we are trying with the spirit to help her conform her ideas to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Hazeldines are an awesome Family. Bro Hazeldines is from NJ and is just super real. The man just tells it how it is. But he is a huge teddy bear. He is sensitive to the spirit and it is neat to see it work in their lives. This week we met with them on Monday and we were able to invite Bro Hazeldine and their daughter Rylee to be baptized and they accepted and are preparing for baptism on the 10th of December. I am so grateful for the Spirit of the Lord. I love you all so much and hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Love your missionary,
Elder Taylor Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment