Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hey Family, sorry I didn't get to email this past week with it being
the holiday and all. I hope you all had a great week, I am excited to
be in my new area! In a Military ward, a Family Ward and another YSA
Branch!!!!!

Mon-
It was a snow day I'll tell you what, ice and snow everywhere,
this is so weird for North Carolina to get this twice and this early
as well everyone is freaking out. I woke up at like 4 am and there was
no snow, and then I woke up again at 6:30 and there was snow everywhere,
like 3 inches it was wild. Bro Thaxton picked us up and took us out to
his in-laws, we went sledding behind a four-wheeler, it was so much fun and
then I snowboarded behind it. Elder Christensen and I wrecked so much
we were so sore. Then we went and played some ball at the church.
School was canceled so everyone was home. We went out that night and
taught Ms. Fox in a members home, (the Bayless family) it was so neat
and awesome we were able to set a date with her, I pray that her and
her family continue to progress, in the glorious Gospel.

Tues-
So, it rained all day and there was ice everywhere, like 4 inches
of powder and on top of that was an inch of ice, branchs were falling,
everything was coming down, it was crazy. We were limited to not go out alot,
but they cleaned all the main roads. Transfer meeting was suppose to
be today, but because of all the Ice and such, the Elders from Provo
couldn't fly in. So Elder Christensen and I went to the Olive Garden
and had the salad, soup, and breadsticks, it was so good; then we went to
Tim's wedding, it was funny, we got a shout out at the wedding they
were truly grateful for all we did. We had dinner with the Gilmores
they are an awesome family. We said goodbye, took some pictures, we
went out teaching that night, our appointment had canceled and so we
were stressed, but the Lord knew where we were going to. We went to a less
active member and we have been waiting to teach her son, well he walks
in and Elder Christensen stands up and tells him that he needs to
listen to this, so we teach and we set a date. Elder Christensen
is the man I learned so much from him.

Wed-
So Crazy, that I am leaving, like I only spent 3 months in Pinehurst
and I am just gone, but I am thankful that I still am in the same zone
and can hear the good news that happens there. While waiting for my
ride what better way to end me and Elder Christensen's companionship
with a food eating contest, he ate a whole cheesecake factory cheese
cake, 12 pieces, it came into be 6000 calories, 400 more then the average
person! So cool! I left with Bro Harris and it was at transfer meeting that
everything went as expected. Elder Johnson freaked out when I got out
of the Burris' car. The Burris' are a senior couple over Military
relations. They are both converts and both are awesome and both are
from Austin Texas, so four Texans serving in all 3 units we cover!!!!!
We taught this less active family with a pretty crazy exchange it was
a good night just so crazy I am here!!!!

Thurs-
It is so weird being in my own district meeting but as a
visitor, we went to district meeting in Rockingham that place is going
to get set on Fire, the Elders are so excited to be there! District
meeting was great it was on finding 2 new investigators a week. We
came back and went out with a powerful man from the Fort Bragg ward
and we taught this family who is coming back, I was so nervous I
didn't know what to say or to do, I was praying for help and I don't
know if I heard it or saw it in my head but it was, "Just tell them I
love them" So I did and the spirit was so strong and they came to
church and hopefully to the Temple!!!

Fri-
We weekly planned and gave this recent convert Sam a blessing it
was awesome! We had dinner at the Jackson's they are in the Fort Bragg
ward and we had some awesome homemade pizza. We taught a lesson in
their home with a 13 year old girl who has a baptism date. Then we
went to see a referral. Bro Jackson is a pretty jacked dude and
he acts all thug and gangster, he is the man and is a medic and a
superstar on the b-ball court. But on Fort Bragg we aren't aloud to
proselyte.But we went anyways and contacted this referral and Bro J
was freaking out like saying the MP's were going to arrest us because
we don't have appointments, but we're going to knock on their
doors anyway, but it worked and we sent a return appointment.

Sat-
We taught a few members during the day and it was good, we went
to dinner with our baptismal canidate and then went to teach this girl
in the singles, named Britteny she is set to get baptised just waiting
for her boyfriend to get back from deployment. Kinda sucks for us but
oh well.

Sun-
I guess they send the bad missionaries to Fayetteville, so they can
take the sacrament 3 times. Three sacrament meetings is tough and on
the 3rd sunday to hear 3 different high council men give the same talk
on priesthood lines!!!! We had dinner with a neat family and invited
them to do misisonary work. We went hometeaching with the brother and
the family is a mom and her 21 year old son who everyone is trying to
get on a mission, well I am sure you all know the first presidency
message, it didn't go over well and we got kicked out of her house.
She got mad at her home teachers, I guess! IT was crazy I LOVE
FAYETTEVILLE!!!

Hey I Love you all, have a great week!!!

Love and Respect,

Elder Taylor Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment