Monday, June 6, 2011

Familia,
We had a great week with Sacrament attendance. We probably can credit that to the Lord, but also to our inspired Zone Leaders, giving us the counsel to spend 5 minutes a night on that Sacrament Attendance planning guideline.

We had a miracle happen with Bro Jorge and Sis Heidi. Bro Jorge is the Brother that we have been teaching for sometime but his brain is shrinking everyday and he doesn't retain a whole lot. We have been praying and fasting for a way in which we can help him retain, in which we can help him take the necessary steps of faith and repentance, which will lead this great Brother to the sacred waters of baptism. Sis Heidi his wife,she is just a pure and beautiful spirit. She is from Peru. Her Aunt and (God Mother) converted and is a member of our faith. She lived near the temple in Lima, Peru. As we have shared the Fullness of the Gospel with Sis Heidi, the spirit of the Lord has been stronger than usual. There is a language barrier, but yet she feels of its truth and accepted the invitation to be baptized. We taught them last week and there whole family gathered around the table; it was incredible, the spirit of the Lord was following through me and my companion, there 16 year old daughter said this is awesome and she hasn't really felt what she was feeling before. We invited her to be baptized and she declined, she said she doesn't commit. But her mother at church praised us and said that she had never seen her daughter like that before and to keep working with her. It was so great on a Saturday night we had a 16 year old and her parents gathered around the table as we testified of the Father and the Son visiting that boy, Joseph. In Gospel Principles the lesson was on faith. Elder Yankton was the teacher and he did a great job, Sis Heidi asked if she could share something. She talked about her husbands condition how she is the provider, working long hours, but how much she loves her husband Bro Jorge. Then he testified, "I know the Lord can heal, I know Jesus can heal me and I will not give up." It was so strong, the investigators in the class were so involved saying prayers, sharing insight of the truths they already treasured, and then as we testified of the restored truth to add upon what they hold so dear and close to them with the Book of Mormon it was such a powerful hour!

Bro Alex and Sis Mellissa brought themselves and their two kids to church. Such a neat experience for them as they heard Bro Jorges testimony of faith. Sis Mellissa she is on board. She wants this so bad. Her husband wants proof like he wants evidence, but not spiritual proof. We had a lesson there this week and she left us alone with Bro Alex. I wish she would understand that her testimony could help him feel of the spirit!

We have been inviting now I think 9 families to invite a non-member friend in their home to hear the missionary lessons. We invited our ward mission leader when we had dinner over there. He has never committed. He was telling us that there is no one he could invite and was really stressed out about it. Bro Joshua started a new job. Turns out one of his co-workers is an old roommate who he feels will accept the gospel message? He is going to invite him this week.

I think I may have been in a quiet discontent and frustration with myself and my work. Sometimes I never feel satisfied, or that I need to do more! I have a battle in my head sometimes, I feel like I have not fully given myself up to the Lord and I haven't given up my will for his, I may have just bitten the bullet. I studied on Charity, in 1 Cor. 13 it talks about how we can speak with men and angels, but without charity it means nothing. We could give up our time, means, and money, but without Charity it profited us nothing. That is such a key element when we are in the work of bringing souls unto Christ. As I have applied that this week I have felt the Lord pleased with my efforts. I have felt a greater love in the way others may see me as I introduce myself as the Lords Servant. I have been blessed with a wonderful Mother who is filled with Charity and it is about time I start applying all the great lessons she has taught me and I know by doing so I will bless the lives of many in a spirit of love, Christ-Like love.
I love you all so very much and I hope you have a wonderful week and that the Lord may continue to bless you in all aspects of your life, temporarily as well as spiritually. I know that through all hardships and trials that the Savior is right there to bear our burdens and to lighten our load. To embrace us with his loving arms. I love Him.

Love,

Elder Taylor Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment